Friday, July 22, 2011

Ethiopian Girl



 I drew this portrait in 2010. I've hoped that if I ever found out which country my African ancestors came from some of them would be from Ethiopia. I've only seen an Ethiopian once in my lifetime so far. It was A man at A shopping mall my mom and I were walking around at. We stopped at A certain store where an Ethiopian man was standing in a purchase line in front of us. My mom had the bravery to ask where he was from since we couldn't figure it out ourselves no matter how hard we both tried--and he replied Ethiopia. The traditional Ethiopian clothing she's wearing is called Habesha Qemi with a shawl. The symbol tattooed on her forehead is an orthodox or Coptic Ethiopian christian cross.

A better look at what she's wearing (Habesha Qemi:)


No comments:

Post a Comment